SKATING REF CAMP
Referee Boot Camp Monday 6-8pm
ARRIVE EARLY FOR PAPER WORK AND WARM UP
Located @ Pearwood Skate Center
1230 Broadway / FM518
Pearland Tx 77581
Next Session Starts August 7th
BEGINNER HYBRID ~ SKATING REF CAMP
Beginner Ref Program - Monday 6pm-8pm
This is not a “learn how to skate” class, you will need to be a great skater prior to signing up for our beginner ref program. If you need help learning the basics of skating forward, weaving around objects, stopping, and skating backwards, we can get you there in our women's beginner roller derby boot camp. If you are a man, we do not have any co-ed classes at this time, but you can always contact one of the local roller rinks to sign up for a co-ed skating class.
What you need to bring to class.
What you will learn while getting a fun fat burning workout.
- Skating skills a ref needs to skate in the middle and the outside of the track.
- The whistle blows
- Verbal Cues
- Hand Signals
- Taking some hits (it happens a lot refs have the best seat in the house and unfortunately you will catch a few skaters here and there.)
- forward skating laps with hand signals
- backward skating laps with hand signals
- sideways skating laps with hand signals
- Turns/ forward to backward transitions
- Turns/ backward to forward transitions
- Jump over objects (what ? Jumps? - yes ref frequently have to jump over skaters that have fallen into the infield)
You will not be reffing drills or scrimmage in beginner class. You will simply be training your body to skate, blow, yell, and signal all at the same time. Once you have that down and you are passing a skills test we will invite you to level up to our intermediate program.
The last class of the 4 week session you will be tested on your skating skills, whistle blows, verbal cues, and hand signals.
So sign up today! Its FREE and tons of FUN to skate, yell, and blow!
OK ARE YOUR READY? REGISTER HERE!